Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Why Beachbody? Why 21 Day Fix?


 

First of all, I was inspired to change by my Coach, Megan. So far, she has lost 50 pounds with Beachbody! Her success and transformation has been incredible, and inspirational. After a lot of research, I felt 21 Day Fix was right for me.


Basically, I was sick of calculating points, logging foods or cataloging calories, I saw short term success using these methods, but by day 3 or 4, or 7 if I was really on a roll, I'd start cheating and slacking off. Not a good solution for me. Let's be real: I need simple. I just do!


As noted in my Introduction, I've never been able to get nutrition AND exercise going at the same time.With 21 Day Fix, Beachbody ships you a set of containers that honestly, look really small. (They aren't!) Based on your weight, you calculate the number of containers you get for each food category (veggies, fruit, protein, etc.), and you use them during the day. The focus is on clean, whole foods. Wine is even allowed! And chocolate! I have yet to feel hungry at the end of the day after eating all my food. Some days, I can't quite get it all in.

Also, the program comes with workout DVD's (sometimes a bonus DVD too, depending on any current promotions). There are seven different workouts that are only 30 minutes each (THIRTY MINUTES - THAT'S ALL!) - one for each day of the week. All you need is a towel, water, mat & weights (or a resistance band). There are even modifications included for people like me who are just starting. I don't think I've ever worked out seven days in a row in my life, much less 14 days in a row!

I chose to try Beachbody's  Shakeology (in Vegan Chocolate) - it is a "daily dose of dense nutrition" in a superfood protein powder, and it's super yummy! It's not cheap, but it's so worth it. I'll talk about that some more another day.

Because clean eating, controlled portions, and exercise (all together) is such a change for most people fighting their weight, some have some really dramatic results. The paperwork says "Lose up to 15 pounds in 21 days" - I'm not expecting that, but will be thrilled with whatever I do lose! Two weeks in and I'm tightening my belt a notch (and my bra band) and I feel really, really good.

Please, comment below, or message me if you have any questions. I'd love to help you feel as good as I do!

No comments:

Post a Comment